No mode cookie
Jonny Quest Season 1 - The Mystery of the Lizard Men
Trivia and items of interest
© 1998-2004, Lyle P. Blosser, Craig Fuqua
Z-3, , 9/18/64 (Friday, 7:30 p.m. Eastern), not rerun in season.
- Race's shirt, although red, is a polo-style shirt instead of the kind that fastens
off to the side as seen in most of the other episodes.
- The explosions of the first ship and the fishing boat produce exactly the same debris.
- In the speed boat chase scene, the hydrofoils aren't visible when Race launches
the boat into the air to land on the pursuing lizard men -- it's shown as a standard
wooden keel. (Reported by Ian Allan)
and here's a counterpoint:
In the "Mystery of the Lizard Men" guide the flub reported was that you could see
the hydrofoil planes in one scene then when Race vaults the boat down onto the lizardman
boat you can't see them. I was watching my copies the other day and I noticed that
you indeed can. During the chase you can see the planes up along the waterline.
The only way you could see them that way was if they were retractible, brought up
close next to the hull. The reason you can't see much of them when he vaults the
boat is because they are indeed in that retracted position. If you take a look as
the boat is coming down on either side of the hull you will see two red plates.
Those are the retracted hydrofoil planes. Looks like they thought of that back when
they originally did the episode.... continuity is saved :)
(Submitted by John Macdonnell)
- While making their escape from the sub, Jonny retrieves the key to the room where
Race is being held, and sends it with Bandit back through the air vent so Race can
unlock the door to the room they're being held in. Why didn't Jonny just unlock
the door himself? (Reported by Ian Allan)
- For that matter, if Race could unlock the door with the key from inside the room,
that means the door was lockable from both sides! Not likely.
The following scenes in the opening
and closing credits are from this episode:
- Race swinging on a rope to knock frogman off Jonny (OC)
- frogman lining up a laser gun and firing (OC)
- laser beaming firing from a shipwreck, and being reflected back; ship explodes (OC)
- speedboat jumping and landing on frogmen in another boat (CC)
Link to the restored end credits
for the episode.
Jonny Quest and distinctive likenesses © Hanna-Barbera.
All other images, image designs and other image work on this site are
© ClassicJQ.com, © Hanna-Barbera or as
noted. Text content is © ClassicJQ.com, except where noted otherwise,
and may not be shared or re-published without the consent of the author.
This is strictly a fan-based site, and is in no way
affiliated with or approved by Hanna-Barbera or any other
organizations, unless specifically indicated otherwise.